Each of PTI’s diverse LaserStrobe™ systems is designed with particular user needs in mind. The LaserStrobe™ spectrofluorometer is designed for the user who needs the most powerful L-format system for the time-resolved fluorescence spectroscopy using a short time pulsed nitrogen laser.
Equipped with a computer-controlled scanning emission monochromator for instant wavelength selection and direct time-resolved spectra acquisition, the LaserStrobe™ provides unsurpassed wavelength coverage from 240 nm (frequency-doubler option required) to 990 nm. Very intense pulses make it ideal for weak samples, while the low repetition rate prevents photodecomposition. The LaserStrobe™ is suitable for virtually all fluorescence lifetime applications.
Recommended applications include:
- Lifetimes of very weak or diluted fluorophores
- Complex, heterogeneous kinetics
- Lifetime and time-resolved spectra of tyrosine and tryptophan fluorescence in proteins (frequency-doubler option required)
- Micellar studies
- Porphyrins and chlorophylls
- Excited state electron and proton transfer
- Analytical and environmental assays
- Phosphors, LEDs and solid state devices
- Fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET)
- Time-resolved fluorescence anisotropy